Pakistan Children Relief is hosting its annual Qira'at Competition in Michigan. It was established to encourage youth to compete against each other in the recitation of the Quran.
The Competition has separate groups for boys and girls where children as young as 5 years of are encouraged to participate.
We plan to add more states as we build our team of staff and volunteers to help us establish our organization across North America.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition eligibility is based on age (5 years to 19 years).
- Each participant will be judged on Qira’at, Tajweed and Performance.
- All participants must adhere to the Islamic Dress Code.
- Early bird registration ends Monday, Oct 31.
- Deadline to register is Friday, Nov 11.
- All participants will be allotted a room according to their group. Each participant will compete individually in front of a committee of atleast 2 judges/Sheiks
- Parents and guests will be asked to sit in a waiting area during the competition.
- Light refreshments and snacks will be available for participants.
- Parents can purchase food from available food vendors.
- Judges’ decision will be final and not to be challenged.
Round 1 (Canton and Warren, MI)
- Online Registration is mandatory.
- Participants can register at any one location.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place at the end of the program.
- All the participants will receive medals.
- Top 3 winners from each group will receive trophy and qualify for the final round.
Final Round (Sun, Nov 20 in Farmington Hills, MI)
- Finalists from Round 1 must arrive in time at 5pm sharp.
- Top 3 winners from the Final Round will be awarded a trophy, medal and a certificate.
- Each participant will receive a certificate and a medal.
- All participants are encouraged to attend the final round for special prizes.
- All winners from Round 1 will compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in Round 2.
- 3 final winners from Round 2 will receive:
- 1st place: Apple iPad
- 2nd place: Apple Smart Watch
- 3rd place: Apple AirPods
- There will be 4 special prizes for the younger boys and girls.
We look forward to welcoming you. Shall you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 347-400-1899.